Saturday 15 November 2014

Do Nothing Day

Today I got to play "tourist" and just enjoy a day of doing nothing!

Me in front of the spa in a new dress my mom gave me
My sister bought me a massage at a beautiful hotel (The Spice Island Resort) on Grand Anse Beach. It was soooo relaxing.

The Chickungunya has moved from my shoulders and wrists to my knees and ankles so it was great to have someone work on my sore body.

Then I used the sauna which was just a titch warmer than the day. It is a private sauna so you can really relax. There was an outdoor shower with those giant shower heads. It was so lovely.

Brent got me at noon and I went home to have a ham and cheese sandwich.. This a huge treat as cheese is really hard to find and is always imported from New Zealand. Owen had made chocolate cupcakes for me which were just coming out of the oven when I got home.

Our neighbour Meena had invited us along for a sunset cruise on the big cat at 4:00 p.m. so I went to have a siesta before the cruise. I had a lovely nap with the rain pouring down on our metal roof, so I didn't think that we would be going but at 3:30 the skies cleared we raced down to Umbrellas to meet the ship.

The cruise was great, The Captain was a Seneca grad like me, and has a business diploma but wasn't able to find a job in his field because of his dreadlocks. He is such a lovely person, well spoken and very respectful, it is so unfortunate that some people can't see past his hair.

Below are some of my favourite photos of the sunset cruise.






Captain Aiden


Captain Owen

















No comments:

Post a Comment