Monday 13 July 2015

When it rains in your home

Last Tuesday morning everyone was still sick so I opted to quietly leave for work. I was searching for my purse (story of my life) when I heard a drip, drip, drip. I thought weird and then looked around. I had somehow managed to miss the giant puddle in the front hall. Then I looked up and there was a bubble the size of a balloon on the ceiling.

Well that was a deal breaker, Brent needed to be woken, sniffly or not. Somehow everyone woke up and wanted to see. I believe the boys were the only ones who thought it was "cool", we thought "costly" and since the money is still in cyberspace it was an unwelcome surprise.

We have a contractor we have used since he graduated college about six years ago. He advised to pull down the ceiling to try to isolate where the problem is. These are the photos I got at work.

Wait are those feet up behind Aiden?

Yup that's Owen

Yikes
In a good news/ bad news story... It has not leaked since, which is good because in theory there isn't something to fix. Owen thinks it may be because he is having trouble adjusting to showers with curtains and since he is having about 3 baths and a couple of showers every day (we're hoping the novelty wears off soon) this may actually be the cause. But it is what it is, he has learned his lesson. The bad news is since we can't find what went wrong it may also mean we still have a problem. However in more good news, now that the ceiling is opened we can finally put a light in our hallway so in the winter I can actually see where my boots are! 

We are almost a week out and no more leaks. Today an electrician  installed the wiring for a light, hooray. Now we just have to wait one more week before we close up the ceiling and put in a light. Hopefully the money comes in from RBTT so we can pay our trades people!

No comments:

Post a Comment