Sunday 19 October 2014

It is the virus that keeps on giving!

Similar to the song that never ends Chilungunya is the virus that just doesn't go gently into the night. I must be at almost a month with it. Some days are good days and some days Brent needs to come to the shower and wash my hair for me because I can't touch the top of my head. Today is one of those days.

Most Grenadians are finding the same thing, it just doesn't easily let go. Lucky for me on bad NEWLO days Brent can drive me the half hour up the island so I am not on a bus that feels like an amusement ride!

It is definitely painful, I wince frequently when trying to get dressed, but I think the worst part is not being able to help out. Today I tried to lift a piece of Bristol board and carry it off the table. I couldn't do it. So Brent is cooking, doing dishes, cleaning... pretty much everything. Since you have to boil water to wash dishes it is too risky to try to lift the hot kettle to even wash dishes!

So it is back to turmeric and ginger tea and lots of fluids. I still can't complain. I am doing amazing work, in a beautiful country and it is presently 33 degrees. So what if my hair looks a little iffy- I really was never one to fuss about these things.

Hopefully a good nights sleep tonight, but I'll take three Motrin just in case. As my sister always says- stay ahead of the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment