Thursday 1 October 2015

Grand Anse


There was just no way to make it to the beach the first day we were in Grenada. Apart from being tired, there was no time. So Tuesday we had to go to the beach. We walked down our hill and caught a bus within about 10 seconds. The buses are a little crazy, fast, and stop randomly. The young man next to me helped pick a stop and we got off right at the beach for $10 ECD or about $4 Canadian. We walked the beach for a while and then jumped in. It was so refreshing. The kids had a great time watching the little fishes that swam around their feet and Brent and I enjoyed the way your body feels when it is in buoyant water!

The trouble with a bus is you need to be dressed appropriately. So I had to wear capris and then my board shorts underneath. Getting dressed was a challenge and I ended up with sand all through my capris and feeling like I was wearing sandpaper. The boys (big and small) simply wore a swim suit and aqua shirt. Seeing as we still had no “real” groceries I had been told there was a restaurant on the beach called Umbrellas. We walked there and decided a good meal was probably worth it.


Aiden’s new self-proclaimed motto is “try everything in front of you”. So he had the “Catch of the day sandwich”, Mahi-Mahi and he said it was the best thing he had ever tasted. Owen went for chicken nuggets and I had a salad. Brent had a burger. All in, it was well worth the price.

I had researched and had seen on our way in that we should be near the Spiceland mall which has an IGA. It was much larger than the Food Fair Grocery store Brent had gone to. I went in and got dish soap and some cheese, a novelty item here and is somewhat pricey.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there were little fishies swimming around my feet at Grand Anse. I've been in every day for fourteen weeks. Anne. (met you at the marina walkway today, birthday party on the yacht? clowns, magicians? Glad we weren't invited.) Like your blog.

    ReplyDelete