Friday 2 January 2015

Into a New Year- month five

January is the start of our fifth month in Grenada. It really doesn't feel like we have been here that long! There are new things we are discovering all the time, and places we still haven't been.

It will also mark the tipping point for us if we are to return home in March instead of June like we had initially expected. When we had first signed on, the placement was 9 months (basically a school year) and this made a lot of sense given that I was to be at two schools. However because of funding agreements that need to be worked out in Ottawa all volunteers in the Caribbean are set to return to Canada in March.

I will never get all my work finished here (even if I can stay until June), and I am really hoping someone gets sent behind me to continue the work with NEWLO. I had high hopes that I would get a couple of hours of curriculum done each day I was on holiday, but with my mom here it never happened. And that is OK.

It was so nice to be on vacation with my entire family. In Canada, Brent and I often spilt our vacation so one parent is always with the kids. This will be one of only two times we have ever had three weeks off together as a family. I have come to realize how important it is to take a real break, not just to re-energize but to reconnect.

I know these next few months will go flying by so I am going to fill them with hard work, good food & friends, and new adventures.

A new find The Cave House Restaurant and Hartman Bay Estate Hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment