Tuesday 20 January 2015

You know that feeling?

You know that feeling when you just don't want to stop working? No, not really?

This morning I did not think that would be me either.

My day started  at 4:20 a.m. when someone called my cell. Then they called again at 4:40. My number is very similar to a local doctor and I get calls for him all the time, but never this early! So I was a little grumpy to be woken up not once but twice.

Tuesday and Wednesday are my work from home days, and they are days when I get so much done.
So I really did not want to get off on the wrong foot. A cup of tea solves most things, so I orange pekoed up and got to work.

When I work from home, Brent and I carry the dining room table outside and I work on the deck. Yes it is beautiful, but it also means I don't have to have a fan or lights on in the house! My other habit is to start when I would have left to go to NEWLO. So I start at 7:00 instead of 8:00 and I don't finish until the boys come home around 3:00 p.m.

Today however I stumbled upon a great resource and didn't want to stop working! I did stop for a promised hike up the hill at Port Louis and for dinner but other than that I have not stopped!

A big reason is the awesome staff at NEWLO. They have been so amazingly kind to me. One of the other volunteers from Cuso told me that people at her placement called her "the tourist". I feel so lucky that the staff  have always treated me as a partner and many as a friend. 

Sadly I have to set work aside for the evening as I have a call from Canada I have to take, but I will be right back at it bright and early tomorrow. I must say I really do love my work.

My boss Sister Margaret (left), my bus BFF Sister MaryAnn (center), Mrs Douglas (top left pale blue), Birthday girl Ms. O'Farel (center purple). And too many to name but they are all dedicated amazing people who I look forward to seeing every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment