Wednesday 10 December 2014

Wine & Whine

Here in Grenada every once and a while you need to vent and when you do you get to call a "wine and whine".

(L-R) Nancy, me, Linda, Myriam
There are now three other Cuso volunteers here in Grenada. Linda who has been here since July and is building capacity with the Ministry of Youth, Myriam who came in August and is also working with the Ministry of Youth and now Nancy who is working with MAREP a non-profit working in agriculture.

So even though there was nothing to whine about it seemed like a good idea to check in with Nancy on her second day of work by having a whine and wine.

I had tried to prepare her for what taking a bus here is like, but there is really no amount of explaining that captures it. For some bizarre reason buses were really slow on Monday and I had to wait 30 minutes to catch one, so I figured she would have had a similar wait. Sure enough it took her two hours to get back to St. George's from Sauteurs.

darned hammock cord ruined the shot!
We hung out  on the back deck with wine, cornbread, nacho chip s and a yummy desert Myriam brought and got caught up/connected.

I am not an overly social person in general, so it has been really surprising to me how much I enjoy getting together with my colleagues from Cuso. Connecting with awesome women is something I am going to have to do more of when I get back home. We'll call it a "Tea and Tell"!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing; maybe one day I ll make a trip there and support the community. Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete