Tuesday 9 September 2014

A day of rest


Many of us will remember when, in Canada, Sunday was a day of rest. Stores didn’t open, everyone went to church. If you miss those days you will love Grenada. St. George transforms from hustle and bustle to quiet, quiet, quiet. Even my Rasta neighbour didn’t start preaching until 8:30!

Mr. Dick is still working on the shower and someone needed to stay at the house, but the boys really wanted to go swimming at Grand Anse. So I packed a bag and headed down with the boys. The bus down was crazy. He passed two cars on the road down. These roads are so narrow I can’t imagine passing a car. At any rate we made it in one piece.

Meriam texted me to say she was coming down with Linda to the beach, but since I didn’t know how long we would be I left it to fate to see if we would run into each other. Well fate and I watched to see if two white woman arrived at the entrance that has a change room. They did about 10 minutes before we were leaving so we stopped over and they met the boys.

When I got home we had hot water in one of the showers. The boys jumped in to get the salt water off but when I went to get in we were back to cold water! Snif.

No comments:

Post a Comment