Wednesday 10 September 2014

Day 2 NEWLO- Oops I broke the door!

Two NEWLO construction students fixing the door
So I arrived 30 minutes early, mainly to avoid traffic. I knew where the key was for the office I share with Mrs. Douglas, so I signed in and headed up. The problem began when I put the key in the door and turned it to the left. It turns to the right and by turning it the wrong way it jammed and stuck in the door handle. After a number of men tying to help we gave up and the maintenance men came to fix it.

I headed down to the staff meeting to find Sister Margret away as she had broken a tooth and was at a dentist. Ms Douglas came in and just as I was about to tell her, they let me know it was fixed. So she taught me how to turn it properly and all was good... or so we thought.

Maintenance determined that the lock & or door jam needed replacing. So the carpentry students came up to "fix it". Unfortunately by 3:00 p.m.the door jam had been ripped off twice and the locking mechanism had met the same fate. Mrs Douglas and I spent the afternoon alternating between fits of giggles and rolling our eyes. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow I will have better luck with getting in.


Mrs Douglas's office which she is graciously sharing with me

No comments:

Post a Comment