Saturday 13 September 2014

What's wrong with this picture?


Watch out St. George I'm driving!
Yesterday I was added to the rental agreement so I could drive the car. I don't know whether it was the stress of thinking about driving or the excitement of friends and family rallying to find old computers, but I was up at 4:30. At 5:30 I bit the bullet and got up. Brent and Owen followed by six a.m.. This created an opportunity to go for a morning drive when the roads are a little quieter.

So first day driving on the left side of the road and on the right hand side of the car. Brent was as freaked out as I am as a passenger. The roads are so narrow that you need to be over, but you can't be too far over or you will drive off the road. I did really well, I only hit the curb once. Brent reminded me if I did that driving to Palmiste or Grenville I would drive off a precipice. Which made me almost burst into tears.

I drove up to the airport and then down through the scary tunnel in downtown St. George. Scary because I wear glasses and I can't take my sunglasses off and get regular glasses on to drive through the dark tunnel. So I have to drive with sunglasses on through a teeny tiny tunnel. We went down to the market and then back the way I would come home. The market was set up so there were plenty of people and buses to avoid.

We did discover a new little beach so that was a bonus to my first driving foray.

Now off to the market to buy bay leafs, basil and fresh veggies. We're walking so eggs will have to be a different trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment