Wednesday 17 September 2014

Staff meetings- a common start

Every morning NEWLO has a staff meeting.

It is a time for prayer and for sharing information. One teacher will bring in an inspirational quote or parable and share it with the rest of the staff. The room is set up with chairs all along the edge of the room and a large table in the middle at which no one sits.

I really love this common start, it gets all of us on the same page. Even though many Grenadians are very soft spoken and I often struggle to hear them, it is energizing to be with your co-workers.

I usually arrive early and take a corner seat. On Monday this was my view out of the staff room. The staff meetings remind me of the sail boat in the distance. With a sure captain and wind in your sails you can go anywhere! I have lots of faith that NEWLO can go anywhere, if they had the resources that they need. Right now they have the captain, but they are sailing against the wind not with it. We can help turn that ship into to wind by donating computers we aren't using to NEWLO.

Please get in touch with me to donate in either Ottawa, Toronto or Quinte. srylott@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment